Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil or palm shortening (can also substitute another kind of fat)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey (or other sweetener)
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, oil, and agave.
Stir carrots and pecans into wet ingredients.
Stir wet ingredients into dry.
Scoop a heaping 1/4 cup batter into a paper lined muffin pan.
Bake at 325 F for 18-22 min.
Cool to room temperature and spread with frosting if desired.
Combine cream cheese and honey in a medium bowl until well blended.
Whip in heavy cream until frosting is nice and thick.
Spread over cupcakes.
Nutrients Per Serving
- Calories: 151
- Protein: 5.4 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrate: 5.6 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 192 mg
- Potassium:72 mg