Migraine, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia & other Inflammatory Conditions
A patented Mediator Release Test (MRT) is used to help identify foods or food chemicals which may increase inflammation, resulting in worsening of conditions such as Migraines, IBS and Fibromyalgia. MRT is a blood test which is sent to a specialized lab for analysis of reactive foods. Results are returned within 2 weeks of testing and include a graphic profile of your low, medium and highly reactive foods, a 60-page handbook and wallet size reference card of your reactive foods and chemicals. These results are then used to develop your individualized diet plan to reduce or even eliminate inflammation related to your condition. This program has been shown to be very successful in treating Migraines, IBS, Fibromyalgia, as well as other conditions that are inflammatory in nature. For more information on Food Sensitivity Testing.
Note: Three to five visits with Food4Life RDs will be needed in order to help you interpret your results and follow your new diet plan. These sessions will include:
- Medication review for reactive components
- Review of hidden sources of allergens, reactive items and intolerances
- Construction of a diet plan avoiding your reactive foods
- Assistance with shopping and menu planning
- Easy cooking/restaurant selection guidelines
- Careful reintroduction of foods into your diet
- Monitoring of symptoms, desensitization and normalization of food intake
Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and other Neurological Conditions
Lifestyle choices, especially diet can play an important role in neurological conditions.
When planning your ideal diet we will consider:
- Medications you are taking and how to coordinate your diet for best utilization of your medications and symptoms control,
- The role of diet in disease progression
- Planning the correct nutritional supplements for your specific disease.
- Testing for nutrient needs, Food Sensitivity Testing click here
- An in depth diet analysis may also be beneficial in your treatment plan and may be discussed.
We provide an individualized approach to weight loss management. This involves gradual change and frequent follow up visits for reinforcement and support. We also encourage exercise and working with our exercise physiologist for an individualized exercise program.
Vegetarian and Vegan Diet Planning for health and disease management
Healthy vegetarian and vegan eating requires planning in order to ensure you are meeting your nutrition needs. If you are suffering from diabetes or kidney disease, vegetarian meal planning can also be effective in preventing complications or progression of these conditions. Individualized counseling will include:
- Medical history review
- Current Diet Analysis
- Individualized Diet Guidelines
- Menu Planning and Recommendations on nutrition supplementation.
- Food Sensitivity Testing for adverse food reactions can also be a source of treatment and planning for your disease specific problems. Testing may be recommended as part of your treatment program. Click here for more information on Food Sensitivity Testing
Maximizing your athletic performance requires knowing how to eat during training, competition and recovery. Individualized diet counseling will include:
- Medical history review
- Individualized diet guidelines for eating during training, competition and recovery
- Meal planning and recommendations on nutrition supplementation.
- Food Sensitivity Testing: Adverse reactions to food and food chemicals can be a source of many common athletic problems such as diarrhea, early fatigue or inability to improve performance. This test is an optional service. The results of this test can be worked into your diet guidelines. Food Sensitivity Testing