Vegetable Quinoa Chips
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds, optional
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus extra for sprinkling, optional
1. bring quinoa and 2 cups of water to boil in saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, without stirring, 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and water has evaporated. Let stand 5 minutes, and then fluff with a fork.
2. Puree bell peppers, celery, flaxseed meal, chia seeds (if using), nutritional yeast, olive oil, onion powder, and salt in a food processor until liquified and smooth. Add quinoa and blend 1 minute -- mixture should be smooth but with some texture remaining.
3. Line 2 dehydrator trays with nonstick dehydrator sheets or parchment paper coated with oil or cooking spray. Spread quinoa mixture on sheets all the way to edge in smoothest layer possible. Score each sheet into 32 triangles by pressing knife blade into quinoa mixture without dragging knife. Sprinkle lightly with salt (if using).
4. Place trays in dehydrator and dehydrate at 145 degrees F overnight (about 8 to 10 hours). Snap into triangles. If mixture still has soft spots, flip chips over and dehydrate 1 hour more.
Nutrients Per Serving
- (per 8 chips)
- Protein: 5 g
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sodium: 132 mg