Curry Tofu with Fresh Mango Chutney
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 14 oz extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 5 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 12 oz baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp lime zest, plus 3 Tbsp fresh juice (from 2 limes)
Cook rice according to package directions.
Halve tofu lengthwise and quarter on the diagonal to make 8 pieces.
Combine curry powder and 1 1/2 tsp salt in a dish. Dredge tofu in mixture, pressing to adhere.
Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large non-stick. skillet over medium-high heat. Cook tofu, turning once, until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate; wipe skillet clean. Add 1 Tbsp oil and garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add a few handfuls of spinach and cook, tossing, adding more as there is room, until bright green and wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with pepper and 1/2 tsp salt.
Combine mango, onion, mint, ginger, lime zest, and juice, and remaining 2 Tbsp oil and 3/4 tsp salt in a small bowl; toss to combine. Serve tofu over rice with spinach and mango chutney.
Nutrients Per Serving
- Protein: 18 g
- Fat: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 63 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sodium: 53 mg
- Potassium: 545 mg