Five Minute No Bake Sunflower Oat Bars
- 2 1/2 cups rolled or quick oats (substitute gluten free oats if needed)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (raw or toasted)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup carob chips (or cacao nibs)
- 2/3 cup nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup agave nectar or brown rice syrup (adjust based on how well things stick together)
Mix oats, sunflower seeds, raisins, and carob chips in a large bowl.
Whisk together nut butter and agave. Pour into oat mixture, and mix well, till everything is sticky and combined. If it’s too dry, add a bit more agave.
Press mixture into a shallow baking dish that you’ve lined with foil or saran wrap. Cover with more foil/saran, press well into the baking dish, and refrigerate for 4 hours. Cut into bar shapes, wrap, and keep refrigerated till ready to use. They ought to last two weeks at least.
After mixing wet ingredients with dry, crumble mixture into bite sized pieces and bake at 375 degrees for about forty minutes, or until crispy and brown.
Nutrients Per Serving
- Calories: 381
- Protein: 8 g
- Carbohydrate: 50 g
- Fat: 19 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sodium: 31 mg
- Potassium: 239 mg
- Phosphorus: 126 mg