Millet and Oyster Mushroom Bowls
- Millet and Mushroom Salad
- 1 Cup uncooked millet
- 1 1/4 lb oyster mushrooms, torn into bite-sized pieces (5 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 15 oz can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup tamari-flavored roasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. To make Millet and Mushroom Salad: Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add millet; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, or until millet has softened and absorbed all liquid. Lightly fluff with fork.
3. Meanwhile, spread mushrooms and onion on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with thyme. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and toss to coat. Roast 20 minutes, or until mushroom are browned.
4. To make Dressing: whisk together all ingredients in small bowl.
5. Stir lentils and half of Dressing into millet. Divide among bowls, top with roasted mushrooms and onion, and drizzle with remaining pumpkin seeds, if using.
Nutrients Per Serving
- Per 2 Cup Serving:
- Protein: 18 g
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 67 g
- Fiber: 16 g
- Sodium: 264 mg