Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Banana Pancakes
- 1/2 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large egg whites (or 1 egg)
- 1/4 cup fat free (or low-fat) cottage cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Optional add-ins
- Fresh berries, chocolate chips, peanut butter
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth, about 30 seconds.
Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with butter or cooking spray and heat over medium low heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cup onto skillet. Add desired toppings such as chocolate chips or blueberries. Cook until bubbles appear on top. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more cooking spray and remaining batter. Makes 3-4 pancakes.
*If the pancakes are too thin, add in a tablespoon of more oats, if they are too thick, add in a teaspoon or two of milk.
Feel free to double recipe if making for more than one person.
Nutrients Per Serving
- Serving size: Entire recipe
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 46.8g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Protein: 20.2g