- 1/4 cup apricot or peach puree
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp oil (coconut works well)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cup puffed amaranth
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsulfered and diced dried apricots and peaches (other dried fruids work well too)
- 1/2 cup grated unsweetened coconut (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
In a large mixing bowl, mix puree, syrup, oil, vanilla, and salt. Add amaranth, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and coconut. Stir enough to coat dry ingredients
Spread in the cake pan and toast for 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently. The edges tend to burn faster than the rest of the granola and so should be watched carefully.
Cool and store in an airtight container. Eat within two weeks.
Nutrients Per Serving
- Calories: 250
- Protein: 5.4 g
- Fat: 15.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 227 mg
- Potassium: 285 mg
- Phosphorus: 155 mg