- 3 large potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 block tofu-organic
- 6 burrito sized (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 6 cloves garlic (optional)
- ¼ to 1/3 cup low fat milk or non-dairy milk (rice, soy, almond, hemp, oat, or water)
- 1 cup or more red or green salsa (if needed to avoid salsa you can just blend other veggies)
- 1 cup grated cheddar or Monterey jack cheese—or cheddar or jack style soy cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cover potatoes with water in a medium saucepan. Add bay leaf. Cover and simmer gently until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes
Meanwhile, wrap the entire batch of tortillas in foil and keep warm in the upper rack of the oven.
Remove bay leaf. Drain the potatoes, add milk and blend until smooth.
Add crumbled, drained, tofu and again blend until smooth. Season the mixture with salt as desired.
Divide the mashed potato mixture among the tortillas. Place a small amount down the center of each tortilla. Spread a little bit of salsa on top of the potato mixture, sprinkle with optional cheese. Roll up snugly and place in a 9x13 baking dish, seam down. Pour more salsa over the top as desired. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
*use whipped cauliflower in place of potatoes for those that need to avoid potatoes. Use approximately 6 cups of chopped cauliflower in place of potatoes.
Nutrients Per Serving
- Calories: 505
- Protein: 21 g
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbs: 75 g
- Fiber: 7.3 g
- Sodium: 744 mg
- Potassium: 1128 mg
- Phosphorus: 393 mg