Quinoa Flour Muffins
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- 2 ½ tsp aluminum-free baking soda
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 Tbsp allowed oil or mango puree
- 1 cup allowed milk
- 2 eggs, or 2 Tbsp tapioca flour or ground flax seed mixed with 6 Tbsp warm water, or 2 mashed banana, or other safe egg substitute
- ½ cup maple syrup or other allowed sweetener
- 2 cups dried cranberries or other dried or frozen fruit, berry, or nuts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
Whisk together the milk or water, oil or fruit puree, eggs or egg substitute, maple syrup in a smaller bowl and add to the dry mixture. Stir well. The batter will be very thick.
Add the berries and/or nuts and fold into the batter.
Ladle the batter evenly between 12 cups. Bake for 22-25 minutes until the tops are golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Move to a wire rack to cool completely before storing or freezing.
Nutrients Per Serving
- Calories: 189
- Protein: 4 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrate: 27 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sodium: 364 mg
- Potassium: 62 mg