- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ground turkey or omit and add another can of beans
- 2- 14 ounce cans of kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1- 16 ounce jar of salsa
- 1- 8 ounce can of tomato paste
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 package taco seasoning (or homemade)
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
Heat olive oil in large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the celery and onion and cook until just tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ground turkey. Cook until turkey is browned, about 5 more minutes. Do not drain.
Add in the kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, salsa, tomato paste, corn, taco seasoning, cumin, and chili powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes, or until thick and bubbly. Serve.
* can also be cooked in a crock pot. Just toss everything in and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours, making sure to stir it a few times.
Nutrients Per Serving
- Calories: 207
- Protein: 11 g
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Carbohydrate: 31 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Sodium: 374 mg
- Potassium: 633 mg